A Carrier Service creates a method to ship packages; for example, Ground, Overnight, or Two-Day shipping. Carrier services use ship codes and the ERP system to ship packages automatically after an order is submitted. For instance, if a customer chooses ground shipping for an order, the package is submitted to the ERP with the correct ship code for ground shipping.
You also need to set up shipping services if you enabled Will-Call and Store Pickup functionality for your Will-Call and Store Pickup carrier. Shipping services designated for Warehouse Pickup show up for selection on warehouses set to Allow Warehouse Pickup in the Shipping Service for Pickup at this Warehouse drop-down menu.
This scenario covers setting up ground shipping for FedEx. Setting these carrier services gives customers options for shipping during the checkout process.
- Go to Admin Console > Shipping & Fulfillment > Carriers.
- Click Edit for the desired Service.
- Click the Services finger tab.
- Click Add Shipping Services.
- Create a Description. The Description field sets the text that is displayed on the website during checkout.
- Selecting Yes for the Enable toggle allows a customer to use this option at checkout.
- Enter the Ship Code. This field must contain the Carrier's standard ship code. In this scenario, the ship code for FedEx ground shipping is 03. For reference, a full list of ship codes for FedEx and UPS are listed below.
- Selecting Yes for the Default toggle allows for this Carrier service to be the default carrier service when a customer is selecting a shipping option.
- Enter the ERP Ship Code. This field must match the ERP's corresponding Ship Code or Ship Via.
- Allow Scheduled Ship Date allows users to choose a customized ship date. If Yes, this toggle displays a Requested Ship Date option on the website's checkout page that allows the user to select a calendar date on which they would like the item shipped. The feature does display a note that the requested date may not be fulfilled due to business practices.
- If needed, enter a Charge Amount. This field is related to Percent rating services, and defines the percentage of the returned carrier freight calculation to charge the customer. To charge the entire amount, enter 100.
- Set Warehouse Pickup to YES if you enabled Will-Call and Store Pickup functionality and want this service to be available for selection on warehouses set to Allow Warehouse Pickup in the Shipping Service for Pickup at this Warehouse drop-down menu.
- Enter a Flat Fee. This field defines a flat fee for all orders shipped with this service. In the scenario, $10 is charged to the customer for using ground service, regardless of package size.
- Click the Calendar and Time drop-down menus to select a date and time to make this Carrier service Active. If not changed, the value defaults to the current date and time.
- If needed, enter a Minimum Fee. In this scenario there is already a flat fee; therefore, the minimum fee is set to 0.
- Click the Calendar and Time drop-down menus to select a date and time to make this carrier service Deactivate. In this scenario, there is no plan to deactivate this carrier service option so it is left blank.
- Click Save.
Ship Codes are specific to the carrier. Refer to the tables below for standard FedEx and UPS ship codes.
|Standard FedEx Ship Code
|FedEx Europe International Priority
|FedEx 1 Day Freight
|FedEx 2Day A.M.
|FedEx 2 Day Freight
|FedEx 3 Day Freight
|FedEx Express Saver
|FedEx Freight Economy
|FedEx Freight Priority
|FedEx National Freight
|FedEx First Overnight
|FedEx Ground Home Delivery
|FedEx International Economy
|FedEx International Economy Freight
|FedEx International First
|FedEx International Priority
|FedEx International Priority Freight
|FedEx Priority Overnight
|FedEx Standard Overnight
|FedEx SameDay City
|Standard UPS Ship Code
|UPS Next Day Air
|UPS 2nd Day Air
|UPS Worldwide Express
|UPS Worldwide Expedited
|UPS 3 Day Select
|UPS Next Day Air Saver
|UPS Next Day Air Early AM
|UPS Worldwide Express Plus
|UPS 2nd Day Air AM
Updated 9 months ago