Forgot password: Website user
This topic describes how to reset a website user's password in Optimizely Configured Commerce.
Website users who forget their passwords are provided a link to reset their password and then are guided through a typical "forgot password" workflow.
- Go to the website.
- Click the Sign In button at the top of the page.
- Click the Forgot Password? link.
- Enter your username in the field and click Send Email.
- A message displays stating that an email has been sent if an account matching the provided username exists.
- Follow the instructions in the email to finish the password reset.
The reset password link sent to the users via email is set to expire after two days by default. If the user attempts to use an expired link, a message is displayed recommending they start the process over by clicking the forgot password link. The amount of time users have before the reset password link expires is controlled by the Emailed Password Link Valid For Days setting.
Updated 4 months ago