Manually configure integration jobs
This topic describes how to manually configure integration jobs.
The following integration jobs do not execute automatically. They need to be scheduled manually.
- Rebuild Sitemap - The Rebuild Sitemap integration job ensures all pages intended to be exposed to search engines are indexed. Which is why it is a best practice to set this integration job to occur after performing a product refresh.
- Resubmit All Orders - The Resubmit All Orders integration job searches the Configured Commerce database for any orders that have not been submitted and pushes them to the ERP. This may be used as a back-up during ERP outages.
- Purge Saved Orders - The Purge Saved Orders integration job removes all saved orders from the database. Running this job would solve a problem where saved orders contain products that have been discontinued or removed.
- Send Shipment Confirmations - Because Configured Commerce does not support any automated shipping confirmation messaging, it is helpful to set up a recurring integration job to send out shipping confirmation messages on a regular basis.
- Job Status Report - The Job Status Report integration job provides a report of all integration jobs and their status. Creating a recurring integration job with this information is helpful to stay informed on all jobs.
- Deactivate Inactive User Accounts - This job deactivates user accounts that have been inactive according to the security settings..
- Cleanup Export Spreadsheets - It is recommended to set the Cleanup Export Spreadsheets as a recurring integration job, as it tells the system how long to keep old import/export spreadsheets in the Dataset\ImportExport directory. Not running this job as a recurring job will cause these files to unnecessarily accumulate.
- Nightly Maintenance - The Nightly Maintenance integration job clears out old carts, application logs, delivered emails, and integration history. As a best practice, it should be scheduled to run nightly during off-peak hours.
Integration job scheduling can be configured in the Admin Console at Administration > Jobs > Job Definitions.
- Configured Commerce can be configured to submit orders to ERP when order submitted on Storefront.
- Setting named Submit Orders to ERP must be = "Yes"
- If setting = "Yes", schedules integration job where Standard Job Name = "Order Submit"
Rebuild search index
- The Rebuild Search Index integration job should be set to run after a product refresh has been completed. Not running this job after a product refresh can result in erroneous search results, where products that have been added do not display and products that have been removed still show in the results.
- Scheduled from Admin pages:
- Marketing > Search > Indexing
- Catalog > Products > Product Detail (More actions menu)
- Catalog > Categories (More actions menu)
Generate field translation records
- This job creates blank TranslationProperty records for all objects and languages in the database.
- Scheduled from Admin page at Administration > Localization > Field Translations (More actions menu)
Generate translation dictionary records
- This job creates blank TranslationDictionary records for all objects and languages in the database.
- Scheduled from Admin page at Administration > Localization > Translation Dictionary (More actions menu)
- Can also be scheduled from Admin page at Sales > Order History > Order History Detail (More actions menu)
Real-time invoice history detail
- If Order Management > Invoice History > Real Time Invoice History setting = "Yes", then job will be scheduled and run when you access Invoice History Detail page on Storefront.
Real-time invoice history
- If Order Management > Invoice History > Real Time Invoice History setting = "Yes", then job will be scheduled and run when you access Invoice History List page on Storefront.
Real-time order history detail
- If Order Management > Order History > Real Time Order History setting = "Yes", then job will be scheduled and run when you access Order History Detail page on Storefront.
Real-time order history
- If Order Management > Order History > Real Time Order History setting = "Yes", then job will be scheduled and run when you access Order History List page on Storefront.
Updated 4 months ago