Once Attribute Types and Attribute Values are created and assigned to their respective Categories/Products in Optimizely Configured Commerce, configure the appropriate Settings to reveal Attribute Values on the website or to use Attribute Values as filters in website search results.
To enable Attribute Values to appear on the website, or to enable search filtering by Attribute Values, configure the following Settings:
- Attribute Filters – If Setting Attribute Filters = ON, Attribute Values appear on the left side of the product list page, sorted by their Attribute Type. An Attribute Value or Attribute Type does not appear on the product list page if there is not a corresponding product in that category.
- Show Attributes On Search – If Setting Show Attributes On Search = YES, Attribute Values appear on the left side of search results pages, allowing users to filter results by Attribute Value. An Attribute Value or Attribute Type does not appear on the search results page if there is not a corresponding product in the results.
Rebuild the Product Search Index to update the Attribute Values on the website.
If any changes are made to Attributes or Attribute Values and their assignments, or to the Settings listed above, these steps must be repeated.
- Go to Admin Console > Marketing > Indexing
- Rebuild the Product Search Index using Full Rebuild
- When the message Task Has Been Submitted appears, click OK. It is not necessary to stay on the page while the rebuild takes place, as it continues to run behind the scenes.
Updated 9 months ago