Although the majority of implementation work is managed through integration with the client's ERP or other platforms, much of Optimizely Configured Commerce's functionality can be performed manually. Create a site manually to produce demo sites for sales presentations, test site performance, or train on the platform. Below are the steps required to set up enough features to complete a transaction on the website. This provides a solid foundation from which multiple areas of functionality can be built or demonstrated.
- Configured Commerce sets Currency, Language, Country, and State by default. However, a best practice for platform understanding is to go through these steps manually.
- This article assumes the website has already been installed.
- Create a currency
- Assign a currency to websites
- Create a language
- Add a language to a website
- Create and assign countries and states
- Create a carrier
- Create carrier services
- Create a customer
- Create and assign users
- Users must be assigned to at least one customer.
- Create and assign payment methods
- Create a product
- Create a category
- Assign products to cross-selll
- Rebuild the Product Search Index - go to the Admin Console > Marketing > Search > Indexing > Rebuild All
- Complete the checkout process to validate.
Updated about 1 month ago