To create a language, a user must be an Optimizely Configured Commerce administrator.
- From within the Admin Console, go to Administration > Localization > Languages.
- Select Add New Language.
- Fill in the following fields with the information relevant to the language being created:
- (Required) Language Code – The ISO 639-1 code for the country and the culture. For example, Spanish for Mexico would be "es-mx".
- (Required) Description – A short descriptive name of the language being created
- Culture Code – In this field (added in version 3.6), populate the language culture name. Typically, this field is left blank, as the scenario for its use is rare. An example, en-US is English in the United States and fr-MC is French in Monaco. A full list of these language culture names can be found at Wikipedia.org, Microsoft.com, or iso.org for a small fee.
- Image File Path – URL for image file to represent language (commonly used for flag images). The maximum size for this image is 16x16 px
- Alternate Languages – Additional alternate language codes for specified language entered as a comma separated list.
- If this field is needed and is not visible, it can be exposed using the Application Dictionary. Refer to this article for more information: Working with Properties in the Application Dictionary
- Default System Language – Sets language as the default for the application. This is used as the From language for machine translations using a translation service. English (EN) should be set as the Default System Language.
- Has Device Specific Content – Sets whether device-specific (Desktop, Tablet or Mobile) content can be created for the specified language.
- Click Save and Add to save the language record.
Updated 4 months ago