In this scenario, a user has set up microsites and only wants certain customers to view these sites. The user has created these microsites to allow loyal clients deep discounts on overstocked products. The user wants to ensure that only these clients are allowed access and that all other customers are restricted from these sites.
Below are the steps to update a website's settings to make it a restricted website.
- Go to Admin Console > Websites.
- Click Edit for the desired Website.
- Click Restricted Website to show Yes .
- Click Save.
The site is now restricted. Only customers who are given access to the site can view the webpage. The next process is to assign customers access to the restricted site.
Below are the steps to provide access to shoppers to the restricted website.
- Go to Admin Console > Customers.
- Click Edit for the desired customer or select multiple customers and use Multi-Edit on the Secondary Header.
- Click the Restricted Websites finger tab.
- Click Assign Website.
- Select the restricted websites from the list, click Assign and then click Done.
Now that the changes have been made, only customers that have been assigned to this site will have access. Other customers will still be able to see the login page for the site, but they will not be able to log in. They will receive a "no customer record" error when trying to log in.
Updated 4 months ago