Configure Request for Quote
This topic describes how to configure a Request for Quote (RFQ) in Optimizely Configured Commerce.
Configuring Request for Quote (RFQ) for a website requires several steps to be completed.
If a Sales Representative provides a price quote on a product, any available promotions are disallowed. Additionally, any promotions applied to an order prior to submitting a quote request will be removed.
The following settings both enable RFQ as well as control various behaviors.
- Go to Admin Console > Administration >System > Settings
- Type the Setting Name into the Search box, select and update the following Settings:
|Request for Quote||If ON, the RFQ feature will be enabled and buyers can submit quotes.|
|Display Customer Price||If YES, sales reps are able to see the product customer price within the quote calculator.|
|Display List Price||If YES, sales reps are able to see the product list price within the quote calculator.|
|Display Unit Cost||If YES, Unit Cost and Margin will display for sales reps and the above margin calculation can be applied using the quote calculator.|
|Days to Quote Expiration||The number of days that a buyer has to accept a quote proposal before it expires.|
Create a sales representative manually
In addition to enabling the website to use RFQ, a Sales Representative needs to be created. This may be done manually, as shown below, or by importing a Sales Rep list from Excel.
The instructions below are for creating a Sales Rep manually:
Go to Admin Console > Sales > Sales Representatives.
Click Add Sales Rep.
Enter the Sales Rep Number, Name as they are required
As a best practice, the following fields are also populated:
- Email: The Sales Rep's email address
- User Profile: If the Sales Representative is not attached to a User Profile, they will not have access to quotes.
- Min Margin Allowed: This is the minimum amount the sales representative must make on the sale of a product based off the product cost.
- Max Discount Percent: This is the maximum amount a product can be discounted by a sales representative.
If a User is associated directly to a Sales Rep, they will see the list of Customers who are assigned to that Sales Rep, rather than seeing the list of Customers that are assigned to that User.
Set the minimum margin allowed and maximum discount percent
When configuring RFQ, there is an option to set the Maximum Discount Percentage and the Minimum Margin for the Sales Rep.
The Maximum Discount Percentage is a numeric value that identifies the discount percentage off of the amount listed in the Basic List Price field, which is not displayed by default. This is managed by entering the appropriate value in the Maximum Discount Percentage field on the Sales Rep screen.
The Minimum Margin Allowed, is the minimum margin the Sales Rep must make on an order. The minimum margin is set by entering the Minimum Margin Allowed in the Minimum Margin Allowed field.
The minimum margin is based off the Unit Cost field in the product warehouse: Admin Console > Catalog > Products, Edit the Product, select the Warehouses finger tab, Edit the desired Warehouse, populate the Unit Cost field and click Save. If the Basic List Price and Unit Cost are not used on the website, then the Maximum Discount and Minimum Margin settings will not work.
Assign a user to sales rep
The next step in configuring RFQ is to assign a User Profile to a Sales Reps User ID. This can be done by importing a user list or by manually entering the User ID records.
The instructions below are for assigning a User Profile to a Sales Rep manually, with the assumption that a Sales Rep account already exists:
- Go to Admin Console > Sales > Sales Representatives.
- Edit the desired Sales Rep.
- From the User Profile drop-down menu, select the desired User.
- Click Save.
Identify the default sales rep
When setting up RFQ, the Sales Representative Setting must have a value. The default Sales Rep receives any RFQs submitted by Customers who don't have a uniquely defined Sales Rep assigned to them.
- Go to Admin Console > Administration > System > Settings.
- Search for Sales Representative.
- Select the desired value from the menu.
Assign a sales rep to a customer
Once you have a Sales Rep created, assign that Sales Rep to a customer using the following steps:
- Go to Admin Console > Customers.
- Click Edit for the desired Customer.
- In the Details finger tab, scroll down to the Other Information section and in the Primary Sales Rep field, select the Sales Rep from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save .
Assign a sales manager
An optional best practice is use the Sales Manager. Sales Managers are simply Sales Reps who are assigned to Sales Reps using the Sales Manager field. Sales Managers typically have elevated discount capabilities over Sales Reps (this is controlled by Role assignments). They can also serve as an intermediary between the Sales Representatives and Customers, as they can see all the quotes and information for each Sales Representative to whom they are assigned.
- Go to Admin Console > Sales > Sales Representatives
- Click Edit for the desired Sales Rep that will be assigned to a Sales Manager.
- In the Sales Manager field, select the number of the desired Sales Manager.
- As necessary complete any other missing data on the Sales Rep.
- Click Save.
View sales rep quotes as a sales manager
Sales Managers can view, update and propose quotes for RFQs submitted by customers to their assigned Sales Reps.
Log into your website and go to My Account > My Quotes.
Click Search Quotes.
Select a Sales Rep from the Sales Rep drop-down list.
Click Search to view that Sales Rep's quotes.
Updated 4 months ago