Locations provide customers with the physical locations of your dealers, branches, or any locations you choose to display.
It is important to enter your own Google API key in your Sandbox (and Production) environments so your maps load correctly on your Location Finder page.
- Log into the Admin Console and go to Administration > System > Settings > Site Configurations.
- Scroll down to the Geocoding section and enter your key in the Google Geocoder API Key field. Scroll to the General section and enter your key in the Google API Key field.
- Click Save.
- Log into the Admin Console and go to Administration > System> Settings > Site Configurations.
- Scroll down to the Locations section and fill-in the following fields:
- Default Latitude - Default latitude to use for point to find dealers if a user doesn't provide a location. Default value: 44.9805206.
- Default Longitude - Default longitude to use for point to find dealers if a user doesn't provide a location. Default value: -93.273896.
- Number of Locations Shown Per Page - Number of locations to show a user per page. Default value: 5.
- Search Radius - Radius in miles to look for locations. Default value: 50.
- Click Save.
For a Location to show up in the Location Finder, you must first create it in the Admin Console.
Go to Admin Console > Shipping & Fulfillment > Locations.
Click Add Location to create a new location.
Fill in the applicable information for the location. Only Name is required, but the location's address and phone number are recommended.
To show the location's website in the Location Finder, add a valid URL in the Website URL field.
Once the location address is entered, click Geolocator; this populates the location's Latitude and Longitude fields.
Complete this step only when creating single locations. For multiple locations, Insite recommends a geocoding service.
Add additional information, such as the location's operating hours, in the Content Management section.
Select Create Revision, and enter the appropriate information in the pop-up editor.
Click Save, then click Publish to push the revision to the live site.
You must assign the location to a website before it displays in the Location Finder. See Assigning a Location to a Website.
Updated 15 days ago