The Configured Commerce Production Database Sync action in Mission Control allows you to sync database data from your Production instance to your Sandbox instance.
This action is for v2 (AWS) instances only and is not currently supported for v3 (Azure) customers. Optimizely identified an issue with v3 in final testing that will be fixed in early 2023, but is making this action available for all v2 based instances.
The sync is a one way process from Production to Sandbox.
This is a destructive process for Sandbox.
If you want to update sandbox database open a support ticket with the following information:
- Request: Production Database Sync
- Production Url:
- Sandbox Url:
- When: (date time to begin sync)
The sync process makes the following changes from production before restoring to sandbox:
- Cleans and imports users from Sandbox database
- Truncates the following tables:
- Updates the website table
- Refreshes system settings from Sandbox
- Nulls out all EmailTemplateIds on the JobDefinition table (impossible to maintain cross reference of data)
- Takes the following from Sandbox:
- Syncs Admin & AspNetUsers from sandbox
Updated 6 months ago