Why upgrade CMS 12?
Describes why upgrading to Optimizely Content Management System (CMS 12) is advantageous to you.
Optimizely Content Management System (CMS 11) is built on ASP.NET 4. It is an "everything-in-a-box" type of product, and it is simple, easy to use, and familiar to users. CMS 12 is built on ASP.NET Core, which has a lot of differences from ASP.NET 4, but fundamentally it is still the same product - everything-in-a-box, simple, easy to use, and familiar.
Apart from the underlying framework where the APIs were migrated from ASP .NET 4 to ASP.NET Core, CMS 12 and CMS 11 have a one-to-one behavior and syntax by using the same architectural patterns. You can still build everything in one application as a developer. Nothing changes in how your website looks, how it is structured, or how the editors work.
Why upgrade from ASP .NET to ASP.NET Core?
- Microsoft is no longer investing in the ASP.NET 4 stack.
- ASP.NET Core performance is impressively fast compared to ASP.NET 4.
- Ecosystem - ASP.NET is a popular framework for server-side programming, APIs, and integrations. Partners want this and with CMS 12 and Commerce 14, they are getting it.
CMS 12 supports more headless-style deployments.
Versions of CMS 12
CMS 12 comes in the following versions:
- CMS 12 – The core platform built on ASP.NET Core.
- ASP.NET SDK for headless implementations.
- React SDK for implementations using React.
- Vue.js SDK for implementations using Vue.js.
Updated 21 days ago