Convert page types for pages (Legacy)
Describes how to convert page types for pages.
This legacy content applies to Optimizely Content Management System (CMS) versions 10 and 11.
Converting page types is useful for pages that were accidentally using the wrong page type, or if you want to move existing pages to a new and enhanced page type.
You cannot undo a conversion. Content in the database may be removed permanently. Back up your database before performing the conversion. Also run a test conversion to determine whether an undesirable action might occur.
To convert existing pages from one page to another:
- Go to admin view > Content Type tab > Convert Pages. The Convert Pages pane appears.
- Select the scope, and select the page types you want to convert from and to, using the property map table. You can convert a single page or all pages (of specified page type) below a selected page in the hierarchy.
- Optional: Click Test Conversion and Show Log to test a conversion before running it to get information, such as how many pages that are affected by the conversion.
- Click Convert.
If a page type has a language-specific property, it affects the converted page in the following ways.
- Converting from a page type with a set language property to a page type with no set language property sets the default language property value on the converted page.
- Converting from a page type with a no set language property to a page type with a set language property sets the language version property value for each converted page.
If you convert a page that is part of a mirroring channel, the conversion mirrors property changes for properties that do not have a changed name. The conversion does not change page types for pages at the destination. To convert the page type at the destination, manually perform an identical operation for the mirrored pages on the destination, or reset the channel and remove the affected pages from the destination.
Updated about 1 month ago