Describes the architecture of Optimizely Content Management System (CMS) for version 10-11.4, with an introduction to the system foundation and related components and products.
Optimizely Content Management System (CMS) consists of the Optimizely framework with a core user interface, CMS and Optimizely Customized Commerce for content management and e-commerce, and other modules supporting marketing automation and social interaction features. The Optimizely Application (app, sometimes called add-on) Store contains a broad selection of ready-to-use apps to extend the functionality of a solution, and you also can build your own custom apps.
Optimizely has an open and layered architecture, allowing for almost any type of integration using standard technology.
- Optimization layer – Measures, analyzes and optimizes the performance of website content, such as conversion rates for a campaign landing page.
- Delivery layer – Includes support for responsive design and templates based on Web Forms and MVC, and also support for building advanced search and filtering features.
- Creation layer – Manages content such as pages and blocks, or e-commerce content such as products and orders. Content can be personalized, and can also be part of an approval workflow with authorization applied.
- Data layer – Provides the information from one or more content providers (which can originate from the database) and external data sources that are integrated with Optimizely .
CMS provides core features for content and presentation management:
- Typed model for content types
- Built-in components supporting both MVC and Web Forms
- Administration and edit views
- Projects and multi-publishing
- Publishing workflow
- Globalization support
- Friendly URL management
- Version management
- Microsoft .NET Framework and ASP.NET
CMS has a web solution toolkit, with sample templates and a plug-in for Visual Studio to get your website development project quickly up and running.
Updated about 1 month ago