Optimizely consists of the Optimizely framework with a core user interface, CMS and Commerce for content management and e-commerce, and other modules supporting marketing automation and social interaction features. The Optimizely Add-on Store contains a broad selection of ready-to-use add-ons to extend the functionality of a solution, and you also can build your own custom add-ons.
Optimizely has an open and layered architecture, allowing for almost any type of integration using standard technology.
- Optimization layer. Measures, analyzes and optimizes the performance of website content, such as conversion rates for a campaign landing page.
- Delivery layer. Includes support for responsive design and templates based on Web Forms and MVC, and also support for building advanced search and filtering features.
- Creation layer. Manages content such as pages and blocks, or e-commerce content such as products and orders. Content can be personalized, and can also be part of an approval workflow with authorization applied.
- Data layer. Provides the information from one or more content providers (which can originate from the database) and external data sources that are integrated with Optimizely .
Optimizely CMS provides core features for content and presentation management:
- Typed model for content types
- Built-in components supporting both MVC and Web Forms
- Administration and edit views
- Projects and multi-publishing
- Publishing workflow
- Globalization support
- Friendly URL management
- Version management
- Microsoft .NET Framework and ASP.NET
Optimizely has a web solution toolkit, with sample templates and a plug-in for Visual Studio to get your website development project quickly up and running.
Updated 6 months ago