Adds multiple recipients to an existing recipient list in Optimizely Campaign.
Be aware of the different behavior of this method according to the recipient status:
- If there is already a recipient with the same ID and the same type of opt-in process that has not completed the opt-in process, the recipient is removed and re-added. If one of the opt-in processes is a double opt-in process and the other is not, the double opt-in process has a higher priority (see Prioritization of parallel opt-in processes).
Be aware of the different behavior of this method according to the target recipient list:
- If a recipient is unsubscribed and the target recipient list an opt-in list, the recipient will be re-activated with this method and the unsubscribe status will be reset.
- If a recipient is unsubscribed and the target recipient list a regular list, the unsubscribe status will not be changed and the recipient will not receive any further emails.
This method can be replaced by the .NET replacement method addAll3Flat.
Type: int[ ]
|sessionId||String||ID of the session|
|recipientListId||long||ID of the recipient list|
|optinProcessId||long||ID of the opt-in process|
The recipient will be processed with the given opt-in process identified by this ID. If no opt-in process shall be used and the recipient be activated immediately, set the value to 0.
|recipientIds||String[ ]||IDs of the recipients|
|emailAddresses||String[ ]||Email addresses of the recipients|
|attributeNames||String[ ]||Defines a map of attributes in association with attributeValues|
|attributeValues||String[ ] [ ]||Defines a map of attributes in association with attributeNames|
Example structure for attributeNames and attributeValues
$attributeNames = array('Salutation','Firstname','Lastname'); $arrayRecipient1 = array("Mr","John","Doe");$arrayRecipient2 = array("Mrs","Jane","Doe");$arrayRecipient3 = array("Mr","Peter","Jackson"); $attributeValues = array($arrayRecipient1 ,$arrayRecipient2 ,$arrayRecipient3 );
For each recipient:
- 0: Recipient was added
- 1: Recipient validation failed, e.g., due to invalid email address syntax
- 2: Recipient is unsubscribed (applies only if the target recipient list is a regular list and no opt-in list)
- 3: Recipient is blocked
- 4: Recipient is bounce overflowed (i.e., produced too many bounces in the past)
- 5: Recipient is already in the list
- 6: Recipient has been filtered
- 7: A general error occurred
Int addAll3(String sessionId, long recipientListId, long optinProcessId, String recipientIds, String emailAddresses, String attributeNames, String attributeValues)
Updated 2 months ago