Describes Optimizely Feature Experimentation cross-project events, which help large optimization teams track consistent, program-level metrics across multiple projects for the Optimizely Feature Experimentation.
Usually, an event lives and is tracked only in the project where it was created. Cross-project events help you track key events across all your Optimizely Feature Experimentation projects.
With cross-project events, you can:
- Track the same event across different projects to ensure consistency
- Create a set of program-level metrics and reuse them for all your sites
- Define metrics for a global component that crosses into property-specific events
Cross-project events require Optimizely Feature Experimentation SDKs released after February 2021.
To check if global metrics (also called cross-project events) are available for your plan, see Plans on Optimizely.com. For more information, contact your Optimizely Success Manager.
Imagine that your company has multiple web properties that are split into separate Optimizely Feature Experimentation projects. One set of program-level metrics are used to manage all the properties. For example, a key metric tracks engagement with the search bar in the enterprise site and all local store sites. In order to track this same metric in all properties, you would ordinarily have to set it up in every project. With cross-project events, you can add the predefined event to any Optimizely Feature Experimentation project.
Create a cross-project event
If you have an Optimizely Feature Experimentation Enterprise account, cross-project events are automatically enabled in your projects. All your events will be cross-project events. Create an event as usual, and it will be available in projects for which you have a collaborator role.
Add a cross-project metric
By default, the rules configuration pane shows events in the current project. To include cross-project events:
- Navigate to Flags and select the flag you want.
- Under Rules, select your environment and select the experiment you want.
- Under Metrics, select All projects. Note you will only see cross-project events for which you are a collaborator.
- Select your metrics to add them, and that’s it! Do not forget to click Save to confirm your changes.
Edit a cross-project event
To edit a cross-project event, you will need to navigate to the project where it was originally created. To find the project name, look under the event name in the Metrics dropdown in the flag rule configuration pane. Then, follow the steps in Create events to edit your event in the original project.
Updated 3 months ago