Here is a QA checklist for launching an experiment:
- Start your test in a non-production environment.
- Force yourself into each experience using a QA tool. See Choose QA tests.
- Trigger any conversion events that are being tracked by the test and are on the same page as a variation change. Testing pre-existing or down-funnel events may not be necessary unless those events also change.
- If you are unable to see your testing activity affect the results page, this may be due to how Optimizely counts conversions. Conversions are attributed to the first variation assignment.
It may be necessary to reset results in between testing your variations.
- If step four does not produce the results you expected, troubleshoot by increasing the log level and consulting your error handler to debug.
- Repeat steps two through five for each variation of your test.
- Confirm your results.There is a five-minute interval on results page updates, so you might have to wait up to five minutes for it to update. The time of the last update is shown on the results page.
- Duplicate the non-production environment's rules to your production environment rules. Each environment has its own results on the reports page.
- Launch in your production environment.
Updated 3 months ago