This page covers how to create and add an event key to your experiment in the Optimizely app. For more information on how to integrate events into your application code with the SDK, see Track events.
To create an event that tracks user actions in the Optimizely app:
- Navigate to the Events dashboard and click New Event.
- Define an event key, a unique identifier that you'll reference in your code when you call Track Event.
Event keys can contain spaces (unlike experiment keys) to conform to industry event-naming standards. Event keys must be unique for the project.
- Click Save Event.
To add an event to your experiment in the Optimizely app:
- Navigate to Flags and select your flag.
- Click the A/B test for which you want to add an event.
- In the Metrics field, add your event.
For more information, see Track events.
Updated about 2 years ago