Google Universal Analytics and Google Analytics 4
Starting July 1, 2023, GA4 will replace standard Google Universal Analytics (UA), which will no longer process data. For more information, see Introducing Google Analytics 4 (GA4).
You must set up an integration between Optimizely Full Stack and Google Analytics 4 (GA4) before creating segments within GA4. For information on setting up this integration, see Set up Google Analytics 4.
Once your integration between Optimizely Full Stack and GA4 is set up, you can create segments for Optimizely Full Stack within GA4.
It can take up to 48 hours before values become available in Google Analytics 4 (GA4) so that you can create dimensions/segments with them.
Complete the following steps to create segments for Full Stack in GA4:
- Go to Configure > Custom definitions > Create custom dimensions.
- Complete the following fields on the New custom dimension page:
a) Dimension name - Enter your desired name (such as Optimizely FS Flag).
b) Scope - Ensure this is set to Event.
c) Description - Enter an optional description.
d) Event parameter - Select Flag.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for Rule.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 again for Variation.
- Go to Explore and select an exploration type (for example, Free form).
- In the Variables pane on the left, click the plus icon next to SEGMENTS.
- On the Build new segment page, in the Create a custom segment section, click User segment.
- Enter the name of the segment (specifying the specific flag, rule or variation for which you are creating this segment).
- Expand the Add new condition dropdown list and click Custom > Optimizely FS Flag.
- Click ADD FILTER.
- Ensure the Condition is set to contains and then select the flag, rule or variation for which you want to create the segment. The picture below is an example for Optimizely FS Flag.
- Click SAVE AND APPLY.
- Repeat step 2 through step 8 for Rule.
- Repeat step 2 through step 8 again for Variation.
Updated 14 days ago