How to create and add an event key to your experiment in the Optimizely application for Optimizely Feature Experimentation.
For more information on how to integrate events into your application code with the SDK, see Track events.
Create an event key in the Optimizely Feature Experimentation app
To create an event that tracks user actions in the Optimizely Feature Experimentation app:
- Navigate to the Events dashboard and click New Event.
- Define an event key, a unique identifier you will reference in your code when you call Track Event.
Event keys can contain spaces (unlike experiment keys) to conform to industry event-naming standards. Event keys must be unique for the project.
- Click Save Event.
Add events to your experiments
To add an event to your experiment in the Optimizely Feature Experimentation app:
- Navigate to Flags and select your flag.
- Click the A/B test for which you want to add an event.
- In the Metrics field, add your event.
Track events in your application code
For more information, see the Track Event documentation in your preferred SDK:
Updated about 1 month ago