Use these steps to access the App Settings feature:
- Log in to the PaaS portal with your credentials.
- Select the project you wish to manage.
- Click on the App Settings tab on the project page.
Follow these steps to add or update an app setting or connection string:
- Click Add Secret to add a new setting, or click the Edit icon next to existing setting. If you need to delete a setting, click the Delete icon.
- Provide the following information:
- Name – Enter a unique name for the setting. Secret names can only contain alphanumeric characters.
- Environment – Choose the environment for the setting. You can select from Integration, Preproduction, Production, or ADE.
- Type – Select either AppSetting or a type of connection string (such as SQLAzure) for the type of setting you want to add or update. You can use Custom for connection strings that do not match the predefined options, such as a connection string to Azure blob storage.
- Value – Enter the value for the setting or connection string.
- Click Save to store the new or updated setting.
The next deployment activates the added or updated setting to the selected environment. The setting is also available in the deployment slot during deployment.
Only deployments using Deployment API and using DXP Management Portal UI are supported.
App settings and connection strings values are not added/updated if you deploy with WebDeploy using *.publishprofile file, FTP upload, or service principal.
You can access secret values from web app code using
ConfigurationManager, the same way as other values of Web.config configurations.
You should test your changes in the Integration and Preproduction environments before deploying to Production to identify and resolve any potential issues before they impact your site.
If you have previously added a specific setting through support and then add one with the same name through PaaS portal, the next deployment overwrites the setting with the new value.
Updated 4 months ago