The default logging configuration for Azure Web Apps in an environment in DXP has the following settings:
- Application logging is enabled, with level Error, and logs are stored in the BLOB storage with 90 days retention.
- Web server logging is enabled, and logs are stored in the BLOB storage with 90 days retention.
- Detailed error messages are disabled.
- Failed request tracing is disabled.
You can access application logs for environments from the DXP Self-Deployment Guide, either as a live stream or downloaded for offline analysis.
The configuration above is applied to environments during provisioning and the customer can change it for the Integration environment. Contact customer support to change any of the following for Preproduction or Production environments:
- Get access to web server logs.
- Temporarily change logging level.
- Temporarily enable detailed error messages.
- Temporarily enable failed request tracing.
You should use the Optimizely logging abstraction, as described in [Logging into .Net Diagnostics Trace](https://docs.developers.optimizely.com/content-cloud/v11.0.0-content-cloud/docs/logging-into-net-diagnostics-trace-legacy"CMS Developer Guide").
In a DXP environment the logger factory is set to EPiServer.Logging.TraceLoggerFactory, so all application log messages are stored in the BLOB storage.
Updated 9 months ago