You must set up an integration between Optimizely Web Experimentation and GA4 to create segments for Optimizely Web Experimentation within GA4. For information on setting up this integration, see Integrate Google Analytics 4 (GA4). After your integration between Optimizely Web Experimentation and GA4 is set up, you can create segments for Optimizely Web Experimentation within GA4.
It can take up to 48 hours before values become available in Google Analytics 4 (GA4) so that you can create dimensions or segments with them.
- Go to Explore and select an exploration type (for example, Free form).
- Go to Variables and click the Add icon next to Segments.
- Click User segment under Create a custom segment.
- Enter the name of the segment (specifying the specific experiment/variant for which you are creating this segment).
- Expand the Add new condition drop-down list and click Experience - variant ID.
- Click Add Filter.
- Enter the experiment or variant ID for which you want to create the segment.
- Click Save and Apply.
Updated 2 months ago