- An Optimizely cloud account to access the self-services for Optimizely DXP. See Creating an Optimizely Cloud Account.
- A provisioned project on DXP.
You can export the Optimizely Content Management System (CMS) or Optimizely Customized Commerce database to a bacpac file using the API or using the DXP Management Portal.
When you export a database, it triggers an export job for the requested database. The export job copies the requested database from the requested environment to a new database in the Integration environment to avoid performance issues in the production environment when the export runs. After this, it exports to a bacpac file from the copied database, and stores the bacpac on BLOB storage.
The Export Database process can take from a few hours to several days (in extreme cases). You can export only one database at a time.
- Select your project on the home page.
- On the project detail page, open the Troubleshoot tab.
- Scroll down to the Export Database section, select an Environment, Database, and Retention Hours, then click Export.
Retention hours specify how long the export is available before it is removed.
- A confirmation dialog box appears. Click OK to start the export database progress. The progress result displays in real time, and the export database file shows when the export database progress successfully finishes.
- **Available Database Files**. If available, click a database file link to download the database file to your local machine.
You can download the exported database file only when is not expired.
- **Expired Database Files**. Click **Show/Hide** to display/hide files that were exported and expired within the last 7 days.
Updated 8 days ago