Describes how to configure logging for your Web App when you work with application monitoring and troubleshooting in the Optimizely Digital Experience Platform (DXP).
The default logging configuration for Azure Web Apps in an environment in DXP has the following setting:
- Application logging is enabled, and logs are stored in the BLOB storage with 90 days retention.
You can access application logs for environments from the DXP Management Portal, as a live stream or downloaded for offline analysis.
The configuration above is applied to environments during provisioning and you can change it for the Integration environment. Contact Optimizely to change any of the following for Preproduction or Production environments:
- Get access to web server logs.
- Temporarily change logging level.
- Temporarily enable detailed error messages.
- Temporarily enable failed request tracing.
You should use the Microsoft logging abstraction, as described in logging documentation.
See also: Troubleshoot DXP
Updated 12 days ago