Import data from Optimizely Commerce Cloud
You can import your customer list, product catalog and order data into Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) using our Optimizely Commerce Cloud integration.
Import your existing customer list, product catalog and order data from your Optimizely B2C Commerce Cloud account into Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) on an ongoing basis with this integration.
Integrating Optimizely B2C Commerce Cloud has the following values and benefits:
- Unify your data from across multiple sources and gain access to comprehensive, persistent customer profiles. ODP combines online and offline, historical and real-time customer data, so you can get a complete view of your customers.
- Leverage important analytics, enhanced by AI-driven segmentation, to understand how your organization is performing against its goals and to understand customer behavior and engagement.
- See the complete customer journey and understand how your various channels are performing.
- Enrich your customer understanding and segmentation with predictive insights, including Time to Next Order, Likelihood to Purchase and Winback Zone.
- Refine your segmentation strategy based on your customers’ on-site and buying behaviors and through ODP’s data science-driven insights.
- Use customer data to personalize messages, content and recommendations and create relevance at every customer interaction.
- You must have an existing Optimizely Commerce Cloud storefront with the Service API installed.
- If you have multiple sites to integrate into ODP, you need to request an ODP account for each site.
- Before installing the Optimizely Commerce Cloud app in ODP, you need to get the Optimizely Service API NuGet package. If you are using .NET 5.0 or .NET 6.0, use this NuGet package. For more information on installing and configuring the Service API, see the Optimizely Commerce developer documentation.
Configure the integration
Step 1. Authorize connection in ODP
- Go to App Directory > Optimizely Commerce Cloud.
- Click Install App.
- On the Settings tab, complete the following fields:
- Site URL – Enter the URL for your ecommerce site.
- Authentication Type – Select your preferred authentication type. ODP selects Service API by default . However, if you use the Content Delivery API, select Delivery API.
If you select Delivery API, the Client ID field displays. Enter Default into this field.
- Username – Enter your Optimizely Commerce Cloud username.
- Password – Enter your Optimizely Commerce Cloud password.
- Click Authorize.
Step 2. Configure data imports
- Expand the Imports section.
- Choose which objects to manage through the integration. ODP enables all imports by default.
- Click Import.
You can track the progress of the data imports using the Activity Log.
Step 3. Configure on-site tracking
- Product detail viewed
- Checkout started
- Checkout completed
- Add to cart
- Add to wishlist
- Remove from cart
- Remove from wishlist
See also Web SDK events.
Commerce Cloud and ODP fields
Each row in the table below shows a field from Optimizely Commerce Cloud that is used in this integration and the corresponding field in ODP.
|Commerce Cloud field||ODP field||Field type|
Updated 5 months ago