When you install tracking via the corresponding NuGet package, it will result in double tracking, and you should set the
episerver:personalization.content.DisableDefaultTracking keyto true.
- The tracking API call is made asynchronously to have no effect on web page performance
|iv||Tracks the anonymous visitor's actions across the the site. This is a persistent cookie.|
|is||Identifies a visitor's session. This cookie is used in conjunction with the iv cookie, and is erased when the visitor closes the browser.|
See Cookies for information about other cookies in the Optimizely platform.
The following example uses Google Tag Manager, but you can use any other tag management solution.
- Your Optimizely onboarding representative emails the tracking script to you.
- Log in into Google tag manager (or other tag manager).
- Paste the code provided by Optimizely into the (Google tag manager) HTML section. (Your tag manager may have a different field.)
To install Optimizely Content Recommendations through Optimizely Content Management System (CMS) or by manually editing a page, copy and paste the code into the tracking code section of web.config, or the section of your web page.
- Click Save to publish the container.
Related blog post: Implementing Idio (Optimizely) analytics and content recommendations on an Episerver (Optimizely) site - David Knipe
Updated 5 months ago