Many solutions depend heavily on functionality like search-based landing pages.
You should count on the reliability specified in your service level agreement (SLA). Nevertheless, as search is a central part of a solution, you should implement a graceful degradation strategy if the Search & Navigation service becomes unavailable.
If Optimizely is not hosting Search & Navigation, Optimizely cannot guarantee the connection between an application and the Search & Navigation service.
For example, a page displays a list of most watched products fetched from Optimizely Search & Navigation. If Optimizely Search & Navigation is down, display a blank list.
- Simple to implement.
- The site does not display the expected information.
Implement query caching
- Relatively simple to implement.
- The site works in many scenarios even if Optimizely Search & Navigation is down.
- Development effort required.
Use FindPagesWithCriteria as back-up
- The site works even if Optimizely Search & Navigation has issues.
- It takes longer to implement.
- The site is significantly slower.
Updated 12 days ago