Send events using the Optimizely Event API
How to send events to Optimizely using the Optimizely Event API.
With the Event API, you can send event data from any application without using our native Optimizely Web Experimentation snippet, Optimizely Feature Experimentation SDKs, or Optimizely Feature Experimentation Agent. There are many reasons why you may need to do this. Here are some examples from developers who are using the Event API today:
- Offline conversions – You are collecting offline experiment data, such as phone call conversions tracked by third-party software. You would need to store this information locally until the Internet connection is restored. Our SDKs currently do not have this feature built-in.
- Security – You are working in a restricted environment and are not allowed to load third-party Web snippets or install third-party SDKs or services. You would need to develop your own method of tracking events and sending them to Optimizely.
- Third-party sources – You want to combine data from third-party sources with your event data. You would need to combine the data before sending it to Optimizely.
- Communication control – You want your application to have extra control over how events are batched and when they are sent to Optimizely.
- Integrations and extensions – You are building a custom Optimizely integration or extension. (Read the Integrations and Extensions sections of the Dev Docs for more information.)
To use the Optimizely Event API, follow the get started guide or view the Event API Reference.
Optimizely Experimentation uses this API internally: the Optimizely clients and SDKs send event data with this API. This consistency helps ensure that your data is processed the same way, regardless of how we receive it.
Updated about 1 month ago