Here's an approach that we recommend for getting the most out of your Optimizely installation. Click each card to learn more.
Performance Edge and Web experimentation each offer distinct advantages. Below, we suggest where you might run experiments using Performance Edge, Web, and Full Stack, and why.
- Entry pages: Homepage, Landing pages, SEO pages
- Category pages
- Product, Article pages
- Extremely fast
- Seamless redirects
- Single page application (SPA) support **
- Focused on A/B testing
- Checkout, Subscription pages
- Critical personalized experiences
- Powerful targeting
- PCI compliance available
- Already set up to track conversions (shared with Edge experiments)
- Backend and frontend
- Search algorithm and pricing
- New cart features
- SDKs in backend languages
- Control over core application / site code and functionality
- Zero latency
** The following page triggers and conditions for dynamic websites are now available in beta for Performance Edge:
When a callback is called,
When the DOM changes,
Element is present,
Performance Edge uses a smart, lightweight microsnippet that enables you to deliver client-side web experiments to your site visitors faster.
When the URL Changes*
When the DOM Changes*
Element is Present*
*These page triggers and conditions are available as part of our beta program. Please contact your account team if you would like access to these features.
window.optimizely to use the API as you would in Web, you'll need to use
window.optimizelyEdge. See the Performance Edge API reference for more.
Updated 6 months ago