Here's an approach that we recommend for getting the most out of your Optimizely installation. Click each card to learn more.
Performance Edge and Web experimentation each offer distinct advantages. Below, we suggest where you might run experiments using Performance Edge, Web, and Full Stack, and why.
- Entry pages: Homepage, Landing pages, SEO pages
- Extremely fast
- Seamless redirects
- Limited single page application (SPA) support **
- Focused on A/B testing
- Product, Article pages
- Checkout, Subscription pages
- Powerful targeting and adaptive recommendations
- PCI compliance available
- Already set up to track conversions (shared with Edge experiments)
- Backend and frontend
- Search algorithm and pricing
- New cart features
- SDKs in backend languages
- Control over core application / site code and functionality
- Zero latency
** Performance Edge does not support the full suite of triggers and conditions for page activation that are currently available in Web for dynamic websites. Triggers that aren't available in Edge:
When a callback is called,
When the DOM changes,
Manually. Conditions that aren't available in Edge:
Element is present,
Performance Edge uses a smart, lightweight microsnippet that enables you to deliver client-side web experiments to your site visitors faster.
window.optimizelyto use the API as you would in Web, you'll need to use
window.optimizelyEdge. See the Performance Edge API reference for more.