To see if Enriched Events Export is available for your plan, see optimizely.com/plans
Enriched Events Export gives you secure access to your Optimizely enriched event data so you can analyze your experiment results with greater flexibility. The export includes a useful combination of events attributes:
- Raw metadata (event name, user IDs, etc) that you pass to Optimizely, without additional processing
- Enriched metadata that Optimizely adds such as experiment ID, variation ID, and session ID
For more information, see Data Specification.
Optimizely's Results Page helps you understand the performance of your hypothesis with your experiment metrics. So why would you want to export event data to use outside of the Results page? Here are several use cases:
- Get accuracy assurance or troubleshoot event counts
- Audit the events (including impressions) you sent to Optimizely
- Analyze experiment data via SQL or other data querying methods
- Create experiment data dashboards using third-party visualization tools
- Compute advanced metrics such as funnel metrics (this event THEN that event) or compound metrics (this event AND that event) to extend your measurement strategies.
- Centralize data management by copying source-of-truth experiment data to a third-party data warehouse
- Join experiment data with other data sources to measure impact on a wider range of external metrics
We continuously export event data received by your organization to Amazon S3. You can access the event data within one day of receipt, via Amazon’s API/CLI/SDK using credentials provisioned by Optimizely.
Before exporting the events we enrich them with information useful for experiment analysis like the experiment variation an event is attributed to (attribution), and the user session an event occurred in (sessionization).
Updated almost 2 years ago