Get started with OCP
Optimizely Connect Platform (OCP) is a serverless compute platform, development environment, and app marketplace where you can build and publish Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) integrations to connect and activate customer data without configuring or maintaining infrastructure.
Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) allows you to collect, analyze, and act on customer data from multiple sources. You can bring more relevant data into ODP, or export data out of ODP, through the built-in, third-party integrations (such as HubSpot Marketing Segment Sync, mParticle Segment Sync, Snapchat Audience Sync, and many more).
Optimizely Connect Platform (OCP) allows you to build your own integrations with ODP, meaning you can build a personalized solution that fits your business needs. There are three main parts to OCP:
- Serverless compute platform – Optimizely manages the server space and infrastructure on which you can build apps.
- Development environment – The OCP command-line interface (CLI) allows you to manage your apps (including scaffolding, key-value storage, and more). OCP also has SDKs you can use to interact with the ODP APIs.
- App marketplace – When you finish developing your app, publish it to the OCP app marketplace (the App Directory in ODP). You can make your app publicly available to all Optimizely customers, or keep it private.
For a quick walkthrough of building an app, see Quickstart – build an app.
For more information about what you should consider before building an app in OCP, see When to use OCP.
To learn more about OCP concepts (for example, app structure, storage, logging, and more), see OCP concepts.
Benefits of OCP
Below are some common scenarios you can solve using OCP.
Enrich customer profiles
Build an app that pulls/retrieves data (for example, customers, events, orders, product definitions, and any other ODP entity) from a third-party service and imports it into ODP to enrich customer profiles. The app can use the existing ODP schema or enhance it with custom fields and objects.
- import customers from a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform
- import events from an offline sales channel
- import loyalty program points from a loyalty program provider
- import customer attributes from a social media platform
Activate customer data
Build an app that pushes a subset of ODP customer data to a third-party service for activation. Users can configure the data sync using the Activation feature in ODP.
- send customer segments to a marketing automation platform, allowing users to target specific audiences
- send customer segments to an email service provider (ESP), allowing users to send personalized emails
- send customer segments to a CRM platform, allowing users to personalize the customer experience
Import customer segments
Build an app that pulls/retrieves customer segments from a third-party customer data platform (CDP) and imports them as real-time segments into ODP. You can use these segments in ODP for activation, personalization, and analytics.
Enable API-based integrations
Use both the APIs and an OCP app together to enhance the schema, provide additional functionality (like establishing a connection between ODP and the third-party service), build awareness of the integration across ODP customers, and provide documentation on how to use the integration.
Updated about 1 month ago