An Optimizely Content Management System (CMS) installation with Optimizely Forms, and the required Marketing Automation connector components. See Optimizely Connect for Marketing Automation.
The Connect for Salesforce MA connector is installed through the NuGet package EPiServer.MarketingAutomationIntegration.Salesforce. See Platform integration compatibility for supported Optimizely versions.
To configure your Optimizely website to use Salesforce:
- You need an email address, password, and token that is associated with your Salesforce account.
- You need to configure the connection of form fields to Salesforce, so that data from the specified fields can be sent to Salesforce.
- In your SalesForce user account, you need to have Marketing User permissions.
These configurations are described in Salesforce connector in the Optimizely User Guide.
Credentials are encrypted and saved based on one of the following options:
- MAICryptoKey (AES encryption with an SHA256-computer hash based on the value of the key)
- machineKey of the server in web.config.
For DXP instances, use MAICryptoKey.
If you choose to use machineKey configuration, you should specify a machineKey in the web.config of your site so that when you deploy it to a different server, the same machine key is used on the new server.
If you neglect to specify a machineKey in the web.config, the credentials are removed when the site on the new server is accessed for the first time, in which case you need to save credentials again through the configuration screen.
If the credentials are already encrypted using machineKey in an existing site, and the MAICryptoKey setting is added, then the credentials are deleted and must be re-entered.
Similarly, if the encryption uses MAICryptoKey first and then you decide to use machineKey encryption (by deleting the MAICryptoKey setting), then the credentials are deleted and must be re-entered.
*Related blog post: Creating multiple instances of the same connector by Jason Masterson
Updated 25 days ago