An Optimizely CMS installation with Optimizely Forms, and the required Marketing Automation connector components. See Optimizely Connect for Marketing Automation.
To configure your Optimizely website to use Pardot:
- You need a Pardot license that provides you with a username, password, and API User Key.
- You need to configure the connection of form fields to Pardot, so that data from the specified fields can be sent to Pardot.
- In your Pardot user account, you need to have Marketing User permission.
These configurations are described in Setting up Pardot connect for Optimizely in the Optimizely User Guide.
Credentials are encrypted and saved based on one of the following options:
- MAICryptoKey (AES encryption with an SHA256-computer hash based on the value of the key)
- machineKey of the server in web.config.
For DXP instances, use MAICryptoKey.
If you choose to use machineKey configuration, you should specify a machineKey in the web.config of your site so that when you deploy it to a different server, the same machine key is used on the new server.
If you neglect to specify a machineKey in the web.config, the credentials are removed when the site on the new server is accessed for the first time, in which case you need to save credentials again through the configuration screen.
If the credentials are already encrypted using machineKey in an existing site, and the MAICryptoKey setting is added, then the credentials are deleted and must be re-entered.
Similarly, if the encryption uses MAICryptoKey first and then you decide to use machineKey encryption (by deleting the MAICryptoKey setting), then the credentials are deleted and must be re-entered.
Updated 3 months ago